What is Youth Tour?
The Youth Tour has been bringing high school students to Washington D.C. for over 50 years every June. On the tour, students learn about electric cooperatives, American history and U.S. government and walk away with a greater understanding of their role as an American citizen. They participate in National Youth Day, visit with their representatives and senators, and explore the sights around the nation’s capital. High school students with a passion for government and public service are encouraged to apply.
If you are a Sophomore, Junior or Senior in high school and your parents/guardians are members of T.I.P. REC you are eligible to apply to win an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. Each year the Iowa students join with approximately 1,800 other students from co-ops around the country for the national Youth Tour in Washington D.C. in June.
If you want to take advantage of this incredible leadership opportunity, click the link below for an application form and a short questionnaire to complete and send to our office, or call our office at 800-934-7976 to request an application.
Watch this video to get a better idea of the Youth Tour experience!
Some of the things students will do and see on Youth Tour include:
* Washington Monument * Korean War Veterans Memorial * World War II Memorial
* Lincoln Memorial * Albert Einstein Memorial * Washington National Cathedral
* Mount Vernon * Vietnam Veterans Memorial * Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial
* Iwo Jima Sunset Parade * The National Mall * White House
* U.S. Capitol Tour * Holocaust Memorial * Boat cruise on the Potomac River
* Georgetown * The Newseum * Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
* Ford's Theater A TRIP OF A LIFETIME...ENTER TO WIN!