What If I Can't Pay My Bill On Time?
Your bill is mailed on approximately the 10th working day of the month. It is due on the 1st of the following month. If it is not paid by the 1st, you will receive a past due notice that tells you that you have until approximately the 17th of the month to have your bill paid or you will be subject to disconnection.
If you received one of these notices, you should notify the office of your payment plans. If you are unable to pay the bill in full, ask about a payment arrangement. Please call 800-934-7976 or contact us.
Billing Calendar for T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative
- 10th of each month (approximately) - T.I.P. mails your electric bill out to you.
- 1st of the following month - Bill is due on this day.
- 2nd of the month (approximately) - We mail your delinquent notice to you which gives you until the 17th of the month to have paid or be subject to disconnection. A member is allowed one time a year to be late and after that a 1½ % penalty is added to the bill.
- 18th of the month (approximately) - Call or post the service for collection.
- Service is up for disconnection approximately 2 days after the call or posting for collection.
If we make a trip to your service to post for an unpaid electric bill, there will be an $85.00 collection charge added to your next electric bill.