To report an outage, call T.I.P. at 800-934-7976.
Be prepared for storms. If a member experiences an outage follow these rules for staying safe until power can be restored.
- Stay far away and keep others away from downed power lines.
- Downed lines do not mean that the lines are dead or not energized.
- Never enter a flooded room if electrical outlets are submerged.
- Do not turn the power off if it is necessary to stand in water to do so.
- Before entering storm-damaged buildings, make sure electricity and gas are turned off.
- When cleaning up outdoors after a storm, do not use electric equipment when it is wet out.
- If driving and come upon a downed power line, stay away and keep others away.
- Contact emergency personnel or your utility company.
- If your vehicle comes in contact with a downed power line, do not leave the car.
- Utility professionals will need to ensure the power line is de-energized before exiting the car.