T.I.P. Rural Electric is concerned about the safety of our employees, member-owners and general public. We are dedicated to educating the public about the benefits and dangers of electricity. Listed below are just a few safety tips to help keep you safe.
LOOK UP & LIVE
Downed power lines
- Stay away from the power lines.
- Never touch anything or anyone that's touching it.
- If the wire is touching a vehicle that you're inside, wait for help.
- If you must get out, jump clear and don't touch the ground and vehicle at the same time.
- Shuffle, don't run.
- Get inside if you can. If you can't, go to low ground and crouch down.
- Don't use electrical appliances or the telephone.
- Stay out of the shower or bathtub.
- Avoid trees and other tall or metal objects.
- Stay out of the water.
- Never fly kites in storms or near utility lines.
- If you're climbing a tree or using a ladder outside, be sure no wires run through or near the tree or near the ladder.
- Keep electrical appliances and toys away from water, including rain, wet ground, swimming pools, sprinklers and hoses.
Conductors of electricity
- Water and wet things