Geothermal Heat Pumps
Needed from Customer
- Sales Receipt
- Information Form and Rebate Agreement on Geothermal Unit (Print Only - 2 pages)
- Rebate Incentive Form on Geothermal Unit (Edit and Print)
This program is designed to promote an ultra efficient heating and cooling alternative for homeowners.
Closed Loop Systems
Geothermal heat pump units that use a water/antifreeze solution and a NEW closed-loop ground heat exchanger.
Rebate is $350 per ton with a maximum rebate of 20 ton.
- 3 ton = $1050
- 4 ton = $1400
- 5 ton = $1750
- 6 ton = $2100
Open Loop Systems
Geothermal heat pump units that use an open-loop system with water from a well, lake or stream.
Rebate is $250 per ton with a maximum rebate of 20 ton.
- 3 ton = $750
- 4 ton = $1000
- 5 ton = $1250
- 6 ton = $1500
- Requires a separate meter installed outside of the house to monitor the heat pump usage.
- Requires an electric water heater that heats 100% of the hot water. (This water heater is not to be wired to go through the electric heat meter)
- Must sign an agreement with us stating that you will not have a second heat source using gas for the purpose of heating the home. This would include hydronics in the floor and or a gas furnace or boiler. However this does not include a single room gas fireplace or stove.
- Need to fill out an information sheet on the installation of the unit.
- There is a maximum of 20 tons for the rebate.
- There is a maximum of 20 tons to qualify for the electric heat rate as long as it can be registered through one meter.
- This will allow you to be put on our electric heat rate.
- Unit Replacement on existing loop - $250 per unit